10 Mar Spring Souper Greens Soup!
We’re a week away until the start of Spring!!
Fancy springing in to the next season on a wellbeing kick to combat any winter blues and bad habits that may have crept up on you since the New Year?
Here’s a perfect quick, delicious and nutritious Souper Greens Soup recipe for a fab lunch, brunch or quick munch option. It’s absolutely pure with no nasties and lots of supercharged vitamins to leave you feeling gorgeous.
Makes enough for 4 people …
1 white onion
2 cloves garlic
3 sticks celery
1.5 cups peas
750 ml – 1 litre veg stock (I use bouillon)
2 handfuls of spinach
salt and pepper
- Heat a pan with some oil / coco oil on medium heat
- Sauté the onion and garlic
- Add all the other ingredients (minus the spinach) and sauté until slightly cooked
- Add the Veg stock dissolved in hot water and leave all to simmer for 20-30 mins
- Add the spinach for a minute
- Blitz it all in a blender (I use a Nutribullet and blend in batches)
- Serve hot, sprinkle with toasted almonds or whatever takes your fancy, maybe some chill, seeds, basil oil or mint 😉
Why is it beautifully nutritious?
This soup is LOADED with greens, it’s incredibly low in sugar and high in flavour…
It’s high in antioxidants, minerals, Calcium, vitamins B, K, A, C that are fabulous for your skin health, eyes, mood and energy!
It is also quite thick so it will satisfy and leave you full 🙂