So, I’ve done several juice cleanses over my time and in the right conditions and environment I may be inclined to try another, however, living in London and always being on the go I just don’t feel that it does my body or mind any good living off juice for days on end. This is all personal preference…
However, what I did decide to try was to ADD IN – yep, supplement my diet with a Plenish Juice a day, for 1 week to see how I felt.
Not being a fan of very sweet things I opted for the more savoury options, mainly greens with a couple of vibrant colours, and some probiotic waters. Over the week I noticed a couple of things that I shall mention below, along with some general health benefits of adding probiotics and cold pressed juices into your diet.
Tricky to decide but I would have to say the FUEL & the KICK flavours. The FUEL is fabulously nourishing with a lovely balance of “Greens to Zings” with subtle ginger and lime coming through. The KICK has cayenne in it and wakes you up like nothing else!
What I found after a week?
- I was wanting something spicy to wake me up instead of caffeine
- My skin was less dry
- I didn’t feel like snacking
- I felt energised
- I wasn’t bloated at all
- Mental clarity
While these points could be influenced by a lot of factors, I did feel that the juices added benefits to my nutritional profile and overall health. They’re such a fabulous way to boost your mineral and vitamin intake when it’s easy to slip reaching your GDA’s while you’re rushing around, plus they were delicious and hydrating! I especially loved the probiotic waters that really helped with my digestion and stomach comfort.
Benefits of Cold-Pressed Juices
- No additional heat or oxygen is used in the process, meaning that no nutrients are lost in the heat of traditional pasteurisation.
- They rovide more live enzymes, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients while eliminating heat and oxidation that are created.
- Cold-pressed juices carry 50 times as many nutrients as regular juice.
- Fabulous source of vitamins and Minerals when your body needs to be plenished
- Delicious, energising, and alkalising
Benefits of Probiotics
- Probiotics help balance the friendly bacteria in your digestive system. These benefits are thought to result from the ability of probiotics to restore the natural balance of gut bacteria,
- Probiotics are great for your digestion due to balancing gut bacteria
- They can help hormone imbalances, mood disturbance and energy
- Immunity boosting
- Healthy for your heart and good for your blood-pressure
I had a wonderful time trying out all of the PLENISH juices, probiotic waters and Mylks. Let me know your favourites!